Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Introduction

This is the first time I have ever posted a blog.  I am doing it as an assignment for a Communicating Science class at the Colorado School of Mines.  I am a senior in my final semester pursuing a bachelor's degree in Metallurgical Engineering with a minor in Business and Economics.  I came to Mines on a golf scholarship and enjoy competing on the varsity team.

My blog will be centered around discussing the metallurgical engineering and technological advancements that have affected the sporting world.  As golf is a big part of my life I will naturally spend much time discussing advancements in golf club manufacturing.  I will, however, attempt to point out the advancements that have been made in the manufacturing of equipment in other sports.  Being Canadian, I am a huge hockey fan, so you can expect at least a post or two on that.

I hope that by appealing to the countless sports fans out there, I will be able to convey some of my knowledge about materials engineering in a manor that will interest the everyday person.  Comments and questions are very much encouraged and future post ideas are welcomed as well.  Look for my first real post very soon which will likely discuss the difference between forged and cast irons.

No comments:

Post a Comment